inets

Elan icimjs@REDACTED
Mon Feb 8 08:47:23 CET 1999

Hi,

FreeBSD:

1. Where do I find the sockets library for Erlang?
Background:
After having compiled
a) the Erlang base file under FreeBSD 3.0 and
b) the libraries.tar.gz file
I end up with a library that does not appear to contain a sockets library.
(Or maybe I'm not looking in the right places for it.) If I try to run
application:start(sockets).
as described in the inets manual, I get an error saying:
{error,{"no such file or directory","sockets.app"}}.

2. Where does the file inets.conf belong?
Background:
The inets manual describes a file inets.conf:
"A minimal application config file (from now on referred to as  inets.conf)
starting two HTTP servers typically looks as follows:
[{inets,
  [{services,[{httpd,"/var/tmp/server_root/conf/8888.conf"},
              {httpd,"/var/tmp/server_root/conf/8080.conf"}]}]}]."

However, it doesn't state where the inets.conf should be stored. (Or I
haven't been able to find where these instructions are given.)

3. I continue the example
a) without having started sockets,
b) without inets.conf
c) having however copied the examples/server_root directory to /var/tmp/...
- as instructed in the manual -
and - having run application:start(inets). - I try to run start/0, which
results in an error:
6> inets:start().
** exited: {undef,{inets,start,[]}} **

4. I then try running start/1
2> inets:start("/var/tmp/server_root/conf/8888.conf").
** exited: {undef,{inets,start,["/var/tmp/server_root/conf/8888.conf"]}} **

I'm obviously running into quite a few problems. Can someone suggest
solutions?

TIA,

Elan