Possible bug?

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Feb 3 11:14:16 CET 1999

Per Hedeland wrote:

> PS Other things (outside Erlang) may "break" in particular if you set
> LANG, e.g. floating point numbers, dates, error messages, etc may start
> to get printed in funny ways that the standardization bodies think you
> want - I guess some would call this a "feature" - oh well...:-)

You should be able to avoid that by setting the desired environment
variable in Erlang only:

gandalf 10> erl -boot start_clean
Erlang (JAM) emulator version 4.7.3.4

Eshell V4.7.3.4  (abort with ^G)
1> a:a().
"\345\344\366"

gandalf 11> erl -boot start_clean -env LANG sv
Erlang (JAM) emulator version 4.7.3.4

Eshell V4.7.3.4  (abort with ^G)
1> a:a().
"åäö"

(There is also an Erlang function, os:getenv(Var), which returns the
value of an OS environment variable.)

/Uffe

--
Ulf Wiger, Chief Designer AXD 301     <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>
Ericsson Telecom AB                          tfn: +46  8 719 81 95