C <-> Erlang with IC

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Fri Aug 20 15:49:42 CEST 1999

Something like this should be doable I guess.

Define in IDL:
#include <erlang.idl>

module dynamic
{
 interface dyn_erl
  {
    Status erlApply(in string module,
               in string function,
               in erlang::term listOfArgs,
               in out erlang::term res);
  }
}

And in the erlang callback module:

erl_apply(State, Mod, Fun, Args) ->
   case catch apply(list_to_atom(Mod),
                    list_to_atom(Fun), Args) of
        {'EXIT', R} ->
	    {reply, {error, []}, State}};
	Result ->
	    {reply, {ok, Result}, State}}
  end.

In 'C' the call would look something like

   ETERM * result, empty;
   empty  = erl_mk_empty_list();
   status = dynamic_erlApply(NULL, "erlang", "date", empty, &result, env);

See the erl_interface doc about handling erlang data types in C.

/Dan

--
Dan Gudmundsson               Project:    Mnesia, Erlang/OTP
Ericsson Utvecklings AB       Phone:      +46  8 727 5762