SNMP agent

Chandrashekhar eeicmui@REDACTED
Wed Aug 18 12:24:13 CEST 1999

Martin Bjorklund wrote:

> Chandrashekhar <eeicmui@REDACTED> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   Suppose two erlang nodes are active on the same machine and
> >   both have SNMP app active on them, and both these apps use
> >   the same SNMP configuration. If a request arrives, will both
> >   of these nodes act on it?? Assuming both have loaded the same
> >   MIB.bin files.
>
> No; since a single UDP port cannot be shared between two
> OS-processes, you can't start two agents on the same host,
> using the same UDP port.

Yes - thats what I could expected. But I could start two nodes
as I have described above. I started two erlang nodes and started
snmp on both of them using the same configuration. I'm stumped.

regards,
Chandru

--
Random Wodehouse Quote

`You are probably not familiar with the inner workings of a paper like
Society Spice, Sir Gregory, but I may tell you that it is
foreign to the editorial policy ever to meet visitors who call with
horsewhips.'

Summer Lightning (1929)