Erlang programming environments

Torbjorn Tornkvist tobbe@REDACTED
Tue Aug 17 01:29:22 CEST 1999

> I'm wondering if anyone could recommend any programming environments
> for Erlang other than Emacs.  Maybe some of those fancy Windows
> editors have some Erlang extensions?

Sorry, but I don't think so. The guys behind Erlang are all
heavy Emacs users so there has never existed a reason for
something else ;-) A long time ago, there existed a very simple
"integrated" environment built on top of Athena widgets. It was
mainly used during courses as a replacement for Sun's Textedit
(which some students used...). It had a similar look as the debugger.
If you fancy 'vi' (yuck !), I know there at least exist a coloring
mode for Erlang.

/Tobbe