[erlang-patches] Patch for ODBC module

Fredrik <>
Fri Jan 11 10:56:57 CET 2013

I have re-fetched and it is now in 'master-pu'.

BR Fredrik Gustafsson
Erlang OTP Team
On 01/11/2013 07:47 AM, Danil Onishchenko wrote:
> Hello.
> That's the patch rebased on 'master' branch.
> git fetch :RubberCthulhu/otp.git odbc-oracle-autocommit-fix-master
> https://github.com/RubberCthulhu/otp/compare/erlang:master...odbc-oracle-autocommit-fix-master
> https://github.com/RubberCthulhu/otp/compare/erlang:master...odbc-oracle-autocommit-fix-master.patch
> 2013/1/10 Fredrik<>:
>> Hello Danil!
>> Please rebase this patch on current 'master' branch and fix the problem.
>>  From what is written in the 'how-to submit patches' on github you have done
>> the right thing, we will update the wiki soon.
>> BR Fredrik Gustafsson
>> Erlang OTP Team
>> On 01/10/2013 05:19 AM, Danil Onishchenko wrote:
>>> Hi, Fredrik.
>>> When I was working on my patch I used the branch "maint" of OTP
>>> repository as a base because in the guide for submitting patches it
>>> was writed "Base your patch on maint if you are fixing a bug...". I
>>> compared the source file odbcserver.c in the branches "maint" and
>>> "master-pu" and found out that definitions of functions ‘get_diagnos’
>>> and ‘encode_error_message’ in those branches are different.
>>> In "maint" they are
>>> static diagnos get_diagnos(SQLSMALLINT handleType, SQLHANDLE handle);
>>> static db_result_msg encode_error_message(char *reason);
>>> and in "master"
>>> static diagnos get_diagnos(SQLSMALLINT handleType, SQLHANDLE handle,
>>> Boolean extendedErrors);
>>> static db_result_msg encode_error_message(char *reason, char *errCode,
>>> SQLINTEGER nativeError);
>>> So my patch is proper for the "maint" branch and it is not for
>>> "master" branch. Is my choise of the branch wrong? Should I use
>>> "master" as a base instead of "maint"?
>>> Also I sent a patch "odbc:param_query/3 and odbc:param_query/4" which
>>> I based on the branch "maint" too. Should I fix it for "master"?
>>> 2013/1/9 Fredrik<>:
>>>> Hello again,
>>>> This patch fails to build:
>>>> "
>>>> odbcserver.c: In function ‘db_connect’:
>>>> odbcserver.c:538:2: error: too few arguments to function ‘get_diagnos’
>>>> odbcserver.c:250:16: note: declared here
>>>> odbcserver.c:541:2: error: too few arguments to function
>>>> ‘encode_error_message’
>>>> odbcserver.c:157:22: note: declared here
>>>> "
>>>> Please fix this and give notice when it is done.
>>>> BR Fredrik Gustafsson
>>>> Erlang OTP Team
>>>> On 01/09/2013 09:53 AM, Kernel Panic wrote:
>>>>> Hi, folks.
>>>>> I created a patch for erlang odbc module which solves the problem with
>>>>> setup autocommit mode for connections established by Oracle ODBC
>>>>> driver in Linux.
>>>>> The issue: Oracle ODBC driver for Linux ignores setup autocommit mode
>>>>> during driver initialization before a connection to database has been
>>>>> established (in odbc module autocommit is set this way). My patch
>>>>> solves this problem by setting autocommit mode after a connection to
>>>>> database has been established.
>>>>> Actually it's an Oracle ODBC driver problem, but  it could be very
>>>>> useful to add this fix to erlang odbc module, because this module
>>>>> allow to set autocommit mode only at the moment of connection
>>>>> creation.
>>>>> I sent this patch earlier in October 2012 but I didn't receive any
>>>>> feedback.
>>>>> My updates:
>>>>> git fetch :RubberCthulhu/otp.git
>>>>> odbc-oracle-autocommit-fix
>>>>> https://github.com/RubberCthulhu/otp/compare/odbc-oracle-autocommit-fix
>>>>> https://github.com/RubberCthulhu/otp/compare/odbc-oracle-autocommit-fix.patch
>>>>> Danil Onishchenko, 
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> erlang-patches mailing list
>>>>> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-patches

More information about the erlang-patches mailing list