[erlang-patches] Fix searching for source files in cover:analyse_to_file/*

Jeremy Raymond <>
Sat Apr 24 21:24:18 CEST 2010


I've made the suggested changes. Please take a look and let me know if there
is anything else. Thanks!

git fetch git://github.com/jeraymond/otp.git cover_src_path_fix


--
Jeremy Raymond


2010/4/24 Jeremy Raymond <>

> Hello,
>
> My mistake with the exports, I'd seen it as the functions being exported
> twice but really it was different spellings of the functions: analyse with
> an S vs analyze with a Z. It looks like analyse with the S are the
> documented functions... however I better restore it, someone must be using
> the Z versions.
>
> I'll clean up the code as per you suggestions below and post an update.
>
> --
> Jeremy Raymond
>
>
> 2010/4/24 Björn Gustavsson <>
>
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Jeremy Raymond <>
>> wrote:
>> > I've patched cover to search for source files in the location referenced
>> in
>> > the .beam file instead of just in the .beam directory and in the ../src
>> > relative dir. This is based upon a patch by Thomas Arts posted to
>> > erlang-questions several years ago that never made it into otp (
>> > http://www.erlang.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi/4/29048).
>> >
>> > git fetch git://github.com/jeraymond/otp.git cover_src_path_fix
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Your patch removes the export of three documented functions. Why?
>>
>> The code itself is easy to follow and looks reasonable (and the test
>> suite has been updated!), but the spacing is inconsistent both in the
>> code itself and compared to the rest of the module. There should a
>> space after commas in function calls, and spaces around list
>> comprehension generators (" <- "), but list matching
>> should be written without spaces like "[Main|_]".
>>
>> Also, "_" variables in the last clause of a case should be avoided
>> if the value is known. So it should be:
>>
>> case filelib:is_file(Main) of
>>    true ->
>>         ...;
>>    false ->
>>         ...
>> end.
>>
>> and so on for all the other "_" variables.
>>
>> I would also recommend that path_in_beam simply returns
>> 'error' instead of an error tuple whose value is never used.
>>
>> --
>> Björn Gustavsson, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB
>>
>
>


More information about the erlang-patches mailing list