various fixes for erlang.el
Tue Mar 30 18:02:30 CEST 2004
This patch is on top of the one I just sent for doc fixes, for more
substantial issues. Some of these are to support Emacs 21 features
and others are cleanups. I didn't think it was worth trying to
separate out the components. It is against version 2.4.12 of
erlang.el, which I should also have said about the previous one,
* Regexp-opt is unused (which isn't a real problem unless it's not
autoloaded in earlier versions -- I don't remember);
* `defalias' should normally be used instead of `fset' so that the
definition's location is recorded. (Some of this involved with
tags should be changed anyway, but I haven't got round to that);
* I used advice for set-visited-file-name, which is cleaner and
assumed elsewhere in the file, though it's bad to have to advise it
at all -- I'll look at doing something better;
* The unload hook allows the right things to be undone if the package
is unloaded in Emacs 21.
* The erlang-align-arrows and erlang-generate-new-clause changes
avoid some consing;
* The erlang-skel-mail-address change fixes the case when you've
customized user-mail-address. I'm not convinced the problem in the
comment before it is a real one;
* The extra variables in erlang-mode-variables are to DTRT in Emacs
21, along with not overriding some global keybindings and defining
a special mark function;
* erlang-current-defun is a function which allows add-log to work
I think the Emacs 18 stuff should be cleaned out entirely. This file
wouldn't even load into Emacs 18, and trying to support it would be
silly. In fact, I don't think it's worth catering for Emacs 19
either, and not doing so would allow use of Custom, for instance, as
well as allowing several cleanups.
The use of things like `(funcall (symbol-function 'set) ...)' is
bizarre. If it's there to avoid warnings, I'm sure it's not worth it.
Also it would be better to require `cl' at compile time to get things
like `unless', `push' and `caddr'.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 11121 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the erlang-patches