[erlang-bugs] release_handler error in upgrading slim release
Tue Nov 5 15:45:03 CET 2013
I try to make rebar work with slim release at
Almost all goes well, but in upgrading in slim release environment
an error occurs and fails. (R16B02, Linux)
To simplify step to reproduce, I created repository which has
rebar binary and some configuration files.
Steps to reproduce:
0. Clone the repository and cd to it.
git clone https://github.com/shino/slim-upgrade-sample.git
1. Generate version 1 and 2 of releases and upgrade package between
them. The script generate.sh in the repo does this work.
2. Boot the node with release version 1 and try to unpack the upgrade
3. The following error occurs.
"/opt/shino/scm/slim-upgrade-sample/sample/rel/sample_1/" is root directory
of slim release generated by reltool.
The file "sample_2.rel" which release_handler complains not-found goes
under the "releases" directory of Erlang/OTP which execute the node.
Quick look of source code, release_handler seems to assume "releases" directory
exists just under root directory (it's appropriate for normal,
- extract_rel_file/2: Extract rel file in tar ball under root directory.
- check_rel/3,4: Try rel file under releases directory of slim release.
Sorry that steps to reproduce contain non-OTP, rebar related things.
I hope rebar is not related the error because of release_handler's code above.
More information about the erlang-bugs