[erlang-bugs] R16A : 2 issues in WX driver compilation

Dan Gudmundsson <>
Mon Feb 18 11:01:32 CET 2013


R15B03 does not work with wxWidgets-2.9.*

R16[A|B] should work and the stc header should be there, stc is
included by default
in wxWidgets-2.9, so I don't know why it goes wrong for you.

/Dan

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM, PAILLEAU Eric
<> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm struggling with the WX use in Erlang.
> I upgraded to the last 2.9.4 wxWidgets package and compiled it, like the
> otp/lib/wx/README ask to :
> ./configure --with-opengl --enable-unicode --enable-graphics_ctx
> --enable-gnomeprint --disable-shared
>
> On the same machine, R15B03 find OpenGL enabled
> while R16A don't ...
>
> But R15B03 fail to compile on wxePrintout.cpp.
>
> Finally I have neither R15B03 nor R16A with WX ...
>
> A help would be appreciated !!!...
>
> ================= R15B03 =======================================
>
> checking GL/gl.h usability... yes
>
> checking GL/gl.h presence... yes
>
> checking for GL/gl.h... yes
>
> checking for debug build of wxWidgets... checking for wx-config...
> /usr/local/bin/wx-config
> checking for wxWidgets version >= 2.8.4 (--unicode --debug=yes)... yes
> (version 2.9.4)
> checking for wxWidgets static library... yes
>
> checking for standard build of wxWidgets... checking for wx-config...
> (cached) /usr/local/bin/wx-config
> checking for wxWidgets version >= 2.8.4 (--unicode --debug=no)... yes
> (version 2.9.4)
> checking for wxWidgets static library... yes
>
> checking if wxwidgets have opengl support... yes
>
> checking for GLintptr... yes
>
> checking for GLintptrARB... yes
>
> checking for GLchar... yes
>
> checking for GLcharARB... yes
>
> checking for GLhalfARB... yes
>
> checking for GLint64EXT... yes
>
> checking GLU Callbacks uses Tiger Style... no
>
> checking for wx/stc/stc.h... yes
>
> checking if we can link wxwidgets programs... yes
>
> everything looks fine then but *compilation failed on wxePrintout.cpp*
> with :
>
> g++ -c -g -Wall -O2 -fPIC -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -g
> -O2  -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT
> -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-static-2.9
> -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.9 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__WXGTK__ -pthread
>   -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\"
> -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1
> -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
> -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1
> -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1
> -DSIZEOF_VOID_P=4 -DHAVE_GL_GL_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_SUPPORT=1 -DHAVE_GLINTPTR=1
> -DHAVE_GLINTPTRARB=1 -DHAVE_GLCHAR=1 -DHAVE_GLCHARARB=1
> -DHAVE_GLHALFARB=1 -DHAVE_GLINT64EXT=1 -DHAVE_WX_STC_STC_H=1
> -I/home/eric/Téléchargement/otp_src_R15B03/erts/emulator/beam
> -I/home/eric/Téléchargement/otp_src_R15B03/erts/include
> -I/home/eric/Téléchargement/otp_src_R15B03/erts/include/i686-pc-linux-gnu -I/home/eric/Téléchargement/otp_src_R15B03/erts/include/internal
> -I/home/eric/Téléchargement/otp_src_R15B03/erts/include/internal/i686-pc-linux-gnu
> -I/home/eric/Téléchargement/otp_src_R15B03/erts/emulator/sys/unix
> wxePrintout.cpp -o i686-pc-linux-gnu/wxePrintout.o
>
> In file included from wxePrintout.cpp:24:
>
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor ‘EwxPanel::EwxPanel(wxWindow*,
> int, int, int, int, long int)’:
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:48: attention : ‘wxPanel::wxPanel(wxWindow*, int,
> int, int, int, long int, const wxString&)’ is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/generic/panelg.h:34)
>
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor ‘EwxWindowDC::EwxWindowDC()’:
>
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:97: erreur: no matching function for call to
> ‘wxWindowDC::wxWindowDC()’
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/dcclient.h:25: note: candidats sont:
> wxWindowDC::wxWindowDC(wxDCImpl*)
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/dcclient.h:22: note:
> wxWindowDC::wxWindowDC(wxWindow*)
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/dcclient.h:20: note:
> wxWindowDC::wxWindowDC(const wxWindowDC&)
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor ‘EwxClientDC::EwxClientDC()’:
>
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:103: erreur: no matching function for call to
> ‘wxClientDC::wxClientDC()’
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/dcclient.h:41: note: candidats sont:
> wxClientDC::wxClientDC(wxDCImpl*)
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/dcclient.h:38: note:
> wxClientDC::wxClientDC(wxWindow*)
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/dcclient.h:36: note:
> wxClientDC::wxClientDC(const wxClientDC&)
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor ‘EwxPaintDC::EwxPaintDC()’:
>
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:109: erreur: no matching function for call to
> ‘wxPaintDC::wxPaintDC()’
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/dcclient.h:57: note: candidats sont:
> wxPaintDC::wxPaintDC(wxDCImpl*)
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/dcclient.h:54: note:
> wxPaintDC::wxPaintDC(wxWindow*)
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/dcclient.h:52: note:
> wxPaintDC::wxPaintDC(const wxPaintDC&)
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor ‘EwxImage::EwxImage(const
> wxString&, long int, int)’:
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:205: attention : ‘wxImage::wxImage(const
> wxString&, long int, int)’ is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/image.h:524)
> In file included from wxePrintout.cpp:24:
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor
> ‘EwxSingleChoiceDialog::EwxSingleChoiceDialog(wxWindow*, const
> wxString&, const wxString&, const wxArrayString&, char**, long int,
> const wxPoint&)’:
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:580: attention :
> ‘wxSingleChoiceDialog::wxSingleChoiceDialog(wxWindow*, const wxString&,
> const wxString&, const wxArrayString&, char**, long int, const
> wxPoint&)’ is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/generic/choicdgg.h:166)
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor
> ‘EwxGLCanvas::EwxGLCanvas(wxWindow*, const wxGLContext*, wxWindowID,
> const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&, int*, const
> wxPalette&)’:
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:681: attention :
> ‘wxGLCanvas::wxGLCanvas(wxWindow*, const wxGLContext*, wxWindowID, const
> wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&, const int*, const
> wxPalette&)’ is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/gtk/glcanvas.h:65)
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor
> ‘EwxGLCanvas::EwxGLCanvas(wxWindow*, const wxGLCanvas*, wxWindowID,
> const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&, int*, const
> wxPalette&)’:
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:682: attention :
> ‘wxGLCanvas::wxGLCanvas(wxWindow*, const wxGLCanvas*, wxWindowID, const
> wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&, const int*, const
> wxPalette&)’ is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/gtk/glcanvas.h:77)
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor
> ‘EwxGLCanvas::EwxGLCanvas(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxPoint&, const
> wxSize&, long int, const wxString&, int*, const wxPalette&)’:
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:683: attention :
> ‘wxGLCanvas::wxGLCanvas(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxPoint&, const
> wxSize&, long int, const wxString&, const int*, const wxPalette&)’ is
> deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/gtk/glcanvas.h:54)
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h: In constructor
> ‘EwxMDIClientWindow::EwxMDIClientWindow(wxMDIParentFrame*, long int)’:
> gen/wxe_derived_dest.h:715: erreur: no matching function for call to
> ‘wxMDIClientWindow::wxMDIClientWindow(wxMDIParentFrame*&, long int&)’
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/gtk/mdi.h:142: note: candidats sont:
> wxMDIClientWindow::wxMDIClientWindow()
> /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/gtk/mdi.h:140: note:
> wxMDIClientWindow::wxMDIClientWindow(const wxMDIClientWindow&)
> make[3]: *** [i686-pc-linux-gnu/wxePrintout.o] Erreur 1
>
> Is the WX 2.9.4 incompatible with R15B03 ?
>
> ================= R16A =======================================
> checking GL/gl.h usability... yes
>
> checking GL/gl.h presence... yes
>
> checking for GL/gl.h... yes
>
> checking GL/glu.h usability... yes
>
> checking GL/glu.h presence... yes
>
> checking for GL/glu.h... yes
>
> checking for debug build of wxWidgets... checking for wx-config...
> /usr/local/bin/wx-config
> checking for wxWidgets version >= 2.8.4 (--unicode --debug=yes)... yes
> (version 2.9.4)
> checking for wxWidgets static library... yes
>
> checking for standard build of wxWidgets... checking for wx-config...
> (cached) /usr/local/bin/wx-config
> checking for wxWidgets version >= 2.8.4 (--unicode --debug=no)... yes
> (version 2.9.4)
> checking for wxWidgets static library... yes
>
> checking if wxwidgets have opengl support...
> *no*
>
> checking for GLintptr... yes
>
> checking for GLintptrARB... yes
>
> checking for GLchar... yes
>
> checking for GLcharARB... yes
>
> checking for GLhalfARB... yes
>
> checking for GLint64EXT... yes
>
> checking GLU Callbacks uses Tiger Style... no
>
> checking for wx/stc/stc.h... no
>
> configure: WARNING: Can not find wx/stc/stc.h  -g -Wall -O2 -fPIC
> -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2
> -Wno-deprecated-declarations -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=32 -D_GNU_SOURCE
> -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT
> -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-static-2.9
> -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.9 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__WXGTK__ -pthread
>
>
> checking if we can link wxwidgets programs... no
> =================================================================
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> erlang-bugs mailing list
> 
> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-bugs


More information about the erlang-bugs mailing list