[erlang-bugs] Specs missing or wrong in ssl, inet and gen_tcp
Tue May 3 15:40:50 CEST 2011
Just forwarding a few issues I've encountered with type specs in ssl,
inet and gen_tcp. Hope you don't mind me sending all of them in a single
I will try to send patches when I get some free time and would probably
benefit from any comment you might make here.
* socketoption() is incomplete: it can also accept atoms like binary,
list, inet6 or inet and also other kinds of tuples
* socketoption() should probably depend on types defined
in gen_tcp and inet
* option() is defined as socketoption()|ssloption()|transportoption(),
problem is socketoption() is defined as a list of options while
others are tuples; socketoption() should be tuples too
* no specs at all, any plans on writing them? if not, any advice?
* I'm assuming 'mode' is 'list' | 'binary' and not list() | binary()
More information about the erlang-bugs