[erlang-bugs] error in re:split on R14B02 and R14B03

Dave Peticolas <>
Wed Jun 8 05:00:52 CEST 2011


Hello, I recently tried to build both R14B02 and 03 on my Dell Inspiron Mini
(Intel Atom)
running Ubuntu 8.04. I already had R14B01 running fine. I found that
re:split no longer
worked. I built all the versions from source. Here is an example of 01
output:

Erlang R14B01 (erts-5.8.2) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
[hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.8.2  (abort with ^G)
1> re:split("abc", "b").
[<<"a">>,<<"c">>]
2> q().
ok


And here is what I get on 02 (same as 03 except for the version numbers):

Erlang R14B02 (erts-5.8.3) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
[hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.8.3  (abort with ^G)
1> re:split("abc", "b").
** exception error: no case clause matching {match,["b"]}
     in function  re:run/3
        called as re:run(<<"abc">>,
                         {re_pattern,0,0,

 <<69,82,67,80,49,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,98,0,0,...>>},
                         [global])
     in call from re:split/3
2>

In case the existing build was somehow getting tangled with the new one,
I tried removing the 01 build completely and rebuilding 02 and got the same
results.

thanks,
dave
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/attachments/20110607/672b8d97/attachment.html>


More information about the erlang-bugs mailing list