Update of EEP-54

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Mon Apr 26 14:23:50 CEST 2021

Hello,

I have proposed an addition to EEP-54 that adds `general` and `reason` to
the possible return values from the format_error map.

The general return key was added in order to allow information
to be given about the default I/O device in io:format("hello").
It also allows third-party error_report implementations (such as Elixir)
much more freedom in what they can return.

The reason return key was added in order for third-party error_report
implementations (such as Elixir) to influence what is printed to describe
the actual error.

You can view the PR for the EEP update here:
https://github.com/erlang/eep/pull/23

You can view the PR for the implementation here:
https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/4764

Lukas