[eeps] EEP 049: Value-Based Error Handling Mechanisms

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Fri Oct 23 13:31:58 CEST 2020

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 1:05 PM Fred Hebert <mononcqc@REDACTED> wrote:

> I would personally not go for ‘catch’ since its two current uses are for exception handling whereas here it’s not the case at all.

I agree.

We have handled the addition of new keywords in the past by having an
option to disable them (keeping the new keywords as atoms). That we
will allow the compilation of old code that uses the keyword as an
atom. (We did that when we introduced try/catch.)

/Björn