[eeps] Request to mailing list eeps rejected

e@REDACTED e@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 10:40:25 CET 2018

the argument is:
the proposed solution DOES NOT ADDRESS the problem it is motivated by.
the statement of the problem is already agreed upon.

"bad-match" is not identifiable.

does the EEP alleviate this problem?
it does not.

how can i demonstrate that the bullet missed the target altogether?!
there are no marks!
you want me to prove a negative!!!!

the only way to solve the stated problem is to
add identity info to the matches

i wanted to discuss HOW exactly we might add this info
but the EEP proponent refused to talk about abstract problems.
(perhaps it was in a private branch, not on the list)

i proposed the first step:
how can we supply identity info to matches?
add explicit arbitrary labels.

for EXAMPLE:
"fail1 : {ok, F} = fopen(...)"

and explicitly asked:
look at the structure, not the characters.

to which the EEP proponent responded:
"do you want me to use ":"?!!! seriously?!?!"

i ceased arguing with him at once.