[eeps] EEP ???: Value-Based Error Handling Mechanisms

José Valim jose.valim@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 10:56:27 CET 2018

> Alright, can someone ban this person already? I think we have more
> productive things to do with our time than to spend time on this childish
> back and forth bickering.

I agree.

I have re-read the discussion twice and while it is clear there is an
opinion against the current proposal, I do not understand the merits of the
opinion. Why is the proposal bad? If it is against the ideology of the
"lingo", what is the ideology and how does this proposal violates it? If
the solution is bad-match errors, how would this solution look like? What
are the compile-time and runtime implications of improving bad-match
errors? Are there any code examples?

If I were to submit a proposal, I would appreciate if everyone contributed
to the discussion with the same thoughtfulness that I put in the proposal
itself. It is fine to say "I don't agree with this proposal" but the
current tone is way past it. The person has not added anything constructive
to the discussion even after multiple replies.