[eeps] EEP ???: Value-Based Error Handling Mechanisms

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Nov 28 10:37:58 CET 2018

On 11/28/18 10:30 AM, e@REDACTED wrote:
>> And should the EEP be accepted, what prevents you from not using the
>> feature i.e why should a feature you do not have to use
>> be a showstopper for a future project?
>
> because the feature bloating is a sure way of destruction and decay.
> historically proven.
>
> and this particular feature disturbs the very ideology of the lingo.
Erlang has removed 2 features for every 1 added. I think we'll be fine.
And if this feature doesn't work in practice, it'll get removed.

But we're not there yet. We're not even at the part where we can
experiment with it, so there's really no way to know how it's going to
go. So let's see if experimentation is worth doing to begin with.

Cheers,

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu