[eeps] EEP 049: Value-Based Error Handling Mechanisms

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Fri Dec 7 14:08:44 CET 2018

Are you encouraging the use of non-local returns to work around a limitation of the language?

Literally all new programming languages made these days have such a short-circuiting construct some way or another that doesn't translate to non-local returns. I don't see what makes Erlang so special that you would argue it doesn't need one.