[eeps] New - EEP 44: Additional preprocessor directives

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Wed Oct 14 12:48:22 CEST 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu55@REDACTED> wrote:
[...]
> If the -if conditions were to be evaluated at load-time, and the function
> table patched accordingly, then I think that the result would be the same at
> run-time and the development much simpler.

[...]

The loader is powerful, but not that powerful. Either the funtionality
of -if would have to be severely restricted (= useless), or the loader
and/or compiler and BEAM format would need a major
re-design.

/Björn