[eeps] Proposal for -type_assert

Hans Bolinder hans.bolinder@REDACTED
Fri Sep 26 12:59:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

[Michael Truog:]
> A concrete example for what I had meant by "a dirty trick" is the
> test module at the end of the email. That approach required using
> -Wspecdiffs which generates a lot of noise that isn't helpful (and
> isn't recommended as you mentioned).

FWIW. It'll be possible in Erlang/OTP 18 to avoid the noise generated
by -Wspecdiffs by instead saying that the warning option should apply
to a certain function, see https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/483.

In your example:

-dialyzer({specdiffs, httpc_method_assert/1}).

There haven't been much discussion about your suggestion. Maybe the
"dirty trick" is a feasible work-around until we know if there is a
more spread demand?

Best regards,

Hans Bolinder, Erlang/OTP team, Ericsson