[eeps] Proposal for -type_assert

Hans Bolinder hans.bolinder@REDACTED
Fri Sep 12 12:45:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've been pondering your idea for a while now, thinking along the
lines that it should be possible to do without adding any special
syntax. It might be possible to use -Wunderspecs (or even the not
recommended -Wspecdiffs), but there seem to be several things that
would need to be modified in the dialyzer_contracts module, though.
I'll try to find some time to look into the details.

BTW, it would be interesting to see how you've implemented the check.
I couldn't find any examples (looked for nowarn_unused_function), but
I only downloaded CloudI.

Best regards,

Hans Bolinder, Erlang/OTP team, Ericsson