[eeps] [erlang-patches] EEP37: Funs with names

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Thu Dec 12 10:20:23 CET 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Anthony Ramine <n.oxyde@REDACTED> wrote:

> Was the extension maps? I imagine the mess merging all of that, heh.

Yes. In the end, we decided to take out maps from
our daily builds until your branch have been merged.

> > Anyway, it turns out that ordinary funs no longer
> > work in the debugger. It is probably my fault. The
> > evaluation code depends on order of the items in the
> > fun environment, which is not guaranteed to stay
> > unchanged. So I have rewritten the code in a safer
> > way. It can be found here:
> >
> >   git fetch git@REDACTED:bjorng/otp.git nox/eep37
> >
> > Have a look at it and see if you agree with my
> > solution.
>
> Your solution is correct. But shouldn’t that be done in erl_eval too?

You are right. It happens to work now, but it could
break at any time.

Can you do that change?