[eeps] [erlang-patches] EEP37: Funs with names

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Wed Dec 11 16:02:28 CET 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Anthony Ramine <n.oxyde@REDACTED> wrote:

> Done.
>
> Please don’t ask me this again, the two bootstrap commits in the middle of
> the branch are a pain to rebase :p

OK. Will try to avoid that.

We also had some interesting merge conflicts trying
to include this branch in our daily builds (conflicts with another
language exentsion), so it has taken me longer than I
hoped to see the test results.

Anyway, it turns out that ordinary funs no longer
work in the debugger. It is probably my fault. The
evaluation code depends on order of the items in the
fun environment, which is not guaranteed to stay
unchanged. So I have rewritten the code in a safer
way. It can be found here:

  git fetch git@REDACTED:bjorng/otp.git nox/eep37

Have a look at it and see if you agree with my
solution.

Then there is one more thing. The test case
erl_lint_SUITE:unused_vars_warn_fun/1 fails.
It think that is the last thing that will need to be
fixed before merging the branch.

/Bjorn