[eeps] New EEP draft: -discontiguous declaration

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri May 27 10:09:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 09:51, <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> Amongst other things,
> f(...) -> ...;
> -if(...).
> f(...) -> ...;
> -endif.
> f(...) -> ... .
> does not work.  By stealing an idea from Grandfather Prolog,
> we can fix that.
>
> I like this idea, even if I would be one of those people affected by it
quite a lot :-)

Tools that handle source code will need to know about this feature, though.
An example are refactoring tools: they act on the parsed tree and when
regenerating the source code the information about the layout is lost...
Another example is IDEs, where if I want to go to the definition of a
function, there no longer is a single place for that...

BTW, I think that a parse_transform can be used to transform the code. I
suppose that the EEP is more about pushing the idea into the mainstream?

regards,
Vlad