[eeps] New EEP draft: -discontiguous declaration

Raimo Niskanen raimo+eeps@REDACTED
Wed Jun 1 10:01:23 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 08:26:51AM +0900, Geoffrey Biggs wrote:
> On 31/05/11 18:10, Raimo Niskanen wrote:

> Being a small-time fan of reStructuredText but knowing nothing about
> Markdown, could you explain what made you decide to change? Is
> reStructuredText no longer maintained? Were the tools not suitable?

The tools were awkward to install and no-one wanted to maintain them.
You needed Docutils of some specific version (maybe it was 0.4) because
there was a plugin for parsing "plaintext" that did not work on later
versions. Because of that you needed Python of a specific version.

I fixed some bugs but am not very fluent in Python, the innerworks
of Docutils were the hard part. Still there were remainging bugs
in the generation that nobody cared to / could fix.