[eeps] Request for comments on EEP-25 "Unnesting cases"

Bjorn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Mon Jan 26 08:43:12 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 6:56 PM, mats cronqvist <masse@REDACTED> wrote:
> Robert Virding <rvirding@REDACTED> writes:
>
>>  Using try for both try and case would make it more difficult
>> to understand the sense in a program and confuse the issue.
>
>  You state that as if it's a law of nature. i find that
>  intellectually weak.
>
>  I like the proposal. reason being that the fewer redundant keywords
>  a language has, the easier it is to grasp. Being able to obsolete
>  case and if would be a big win.

You state that as if it's a law of nature. :-)

It is not obvious to me that fewer keywords makes a language easier
to grasp.

If the only the number of keywords were important, the easiest languange
to grasp would be Whitespace, which only has three keywords (namely
space, tab, and newline):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_(programming_language)

/Bjorn