[eeps] Proposal for /\ and \/ operators

Adriano Bonat adrianob@REDACTED
Fri Feb 27 01:33:28 CET 2009

I prefer the more readable names max/min instead of the math symbols,
just to not break legacy code.

This problem of breaking legacy code leads me to the question: how
does erlang versions work? I mean what defines the change between the
release 10 to 11, 11 to 12 (the current one).

IMO, I would priorize the language readability instead of the
backward-compatibility, so its better implement the max/min in a new
release version and make it well documented to everyone be aware. An
example of this approach is used by Python 2 to 3.