[eeps] Proposal for /\ and \/ operators

Andras Georgy Bekes bekesa@REDACTED
Thu Feb 26 15:06:42 CET 2009

> >   I am, however, a bit weary of proposals to add all kinds of bells
> >   and whistles. It all adds up, and there's really quite enough
> > bloat already.
I think some max and min function is beneficial, but please don't
introduce new operators or other magic.

Just make new standard functions max/2 and min/2. If they cause really
big problem with legacy code containing max or min functions or atoms,
then put it into the erlang module (i.e. mandatory erlang: prefix).

If efficiency is really needed, make it a BIF.

Even the simplest solution ( min and max _functions_ in the erlang
module) would solve 90% of the current problem (the need to implement
some min or max function in every second module).

	Georgy