[eeps] A generalisation of 'case' that removes the need for 'cond'

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Nov 27 23:54:58 CET 2008

I recently suggested adapting an idea from Algol 68 'case'
expressions as a better way to cope with multi-way selection
based on Boolean expressions.

Here it is as an EEP.

I'm not actually terribly keen on it in its present form.
Indeed, there's a pretty obvious argument against it which
is an obvious extension of the argument it makes against
'cond'.  However, "why doesn't 'if' accept Boolean expressions"
comes up often enough that I thought it might be worth having
an alternative written up.