[eeps] Request for comments on EEP-25 "Unnesting cases"

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Sat Dec 20 15:40:43 CET 2008

Robert Virding skrev:
> 2008/12/19 Ulf Wiger <ulf@REDACTED <mailto:ulf@REDACTED>>
>
>     I for one find it acceptable. The "; or case" construct
 >     is ok -
>     perhaps not extremely elegant, but conveys the meaning
>     very well.
>

> Note that "; or case" is Richard's O'Keefe's way of writing
 > it, "normally" it would look like:
>
> case Expr of
>     Pat -> Expr ;
>     or case Expr of
>     Pat -> Expr ;
>     Pat -> Expr ;
>     or case ...

Yes. I'm aware of Richard's formatting convention, and I would
use it myself if the Emacs mode didn't fight me every step of
the way (or at least every time I hit tab...)

I meant that there are probably more dense ways of expressing
the same thing, but I believe it to be in the spirit of
Erlang to favor intuitive constructs over the saving of a
few keystrokes. (:

BR,
Ulf W